April 29, 2017
Getting your wisdom teeth removed is a painful topic. It is often hard but these soft yet nutritious foods can soothe your teeth and gums while taking care of your hunger.
- Smoothies: Smoothies can be a breakfast, lunch, or dinner meal replacement. Foods like spinach, kale, berries, and almonds give the drink extra flavor and nutrients.
- Greek yogurt with berries: Greek yogurt is high in protein and nutrients which cut down cravings. Opt for plain Greek yogurt without the fruit or flavor mix-ins which are high in sugar and are crammed with extra calories.
- Hummus with pita bread: Hummuscomes in several forms including roasted beet, edamame, white bean as well as multiple flavors using chick peas. You can also spread hummus on a tortilla for a twist on flavor.
- Soup: Whether chicken noodle, roasted butternut squash or even tomato basil are all great ways to get protein and veggies in liquid form.
- Scrambled Eggs: Scrambled eggs are a great source of protein and are a great breakfast option. Add cheese, salsa or even finely chopped veggies to make your eggs extra tasty.
- Cottage Cheese: Cottage cheese s low in calories but very high in protein and healthy nutrients. Mix it with salsa for extra veggies and flavor or berries for an evening snack.
- Cream of Wheat:
- Cream of wheat is another great option for breakfast that is easy to make, high in nutrients and is filling. You can mix in pumpkin puree or berries for added flavor. For those of you who love a good southern breakfast, Polenta is another good breakfast option.
- Apple Sauce: The soft pureed texture of apple sauce makes it easy to digest. Store bought apple sauce can be high in sugar so check the label for a brand that is low in sugar OR make your oven version at home.